Contact Form

 

Kendall Rae-Knight says this year’s Love Island will be sexless — as none of the girls are up for it


LOVE Island’s Kendall Rae-Knight has insisted she’s over her ex-fiancé Michael Clark after fans claimed she still had feelings for him.

The 26-year-old spent much of her time in the villa in tears, and told potential love interest Adam Collard she wanted to take things slow so she didn't get hurt.

ITV Love Island's Kendall Rae-Knight hit back at fans after being evicted in tonight's show and slammed claims she was still in love with her ex-fiancé Michael Clark

However, it meant Adam soon had his head turned by new girl Rosie Williams, and led fans to speculate she wasn't over her ex-fiance.

But, in her first interview since leaving the show during tonight’s episode, the 26-year-old admitted she did find it hard to cope in the villa and said she never expected to be so emotional.

Retail Manager Kendall was dumped by Michael just months after he proposed last year.

Despite coupling up with Niall before moving on with Adam, viewers claimed Kendall still held a candle for Michael.

Chris dumped Kendall after five years together, leaving her heartbroken

Facebook Viewers claimed her behaviour in the house made it clear she was still into him

But Kendall is adamant she has moved on and told The Sun Online she had no regrets about signing up to the hit ITV2 show.

Kendall said: “People don’t know the full situation with me and my ex. It’s not that I’m not over him, I am over him.

“I could have had months of begging for him to take me back and I didn’t do that once. It’s not that I’m not over my ex, but compared to everyone else maybe I found it a little bit harder because I’m not used to dating.

“Tonight was the right time to go on but I found it a lot harder than everyone else. I cried a lot in the villa but I’m not normally that emotional.”

Love Island Adam Collard snogs Rosie Williams despite being coupled with Kendall Rae-Knight

ITV The 26-year-old was left out in the cold tonight when she was shunned by her male stars

Kendall was left out in the cold tonight when Niall, Adam and Eyal all gave her a miss and coupled up with her love-rivals.

But she said there were no hard feelings – even if she didn’t enjoy watching Adam kiss Rosie in front of her.

She explained: “I was there to find love and I thought I could see something with Adam over Niall.

ITV Kendall admitted it was tough having to watch Adam kissing Rosie but said she thinks they could go the distance

“I hope Adam and Rosie stay together but I’m not sure if Adam will sway towards someone else if another girl comes in. They do seem quite into each other.

MOST READ IN TV & SHOWBIZ 'disrespectful' Love Island fans spot Georgia being restrained as Kendall is dumped going solo? Ant 'may never return to TV as he's had enough' claims close pal Jeremy Edwards GET OFF OUR BECKS David and Victoria Beckham slam divorce rumours as 'a crock of s**t' ROBBIE'S X FACTOR JOBBIE Robbie Williams to replace axed Louis Walsh on judging panel BECKHAMS BREAK UP? What are the rumours that David and Victoria are getting a divorce? SOAPSTAR SUE The lowdown on Coronation Street's Sue Cleaver and why she's leaving...

“When Adam and Rosie kissed, it does make you feel gutted but they’re into each other so it just has to happen.

“I don’t regret applying for the show, I’ve grown as a person and I’ve learnt it’s good to follow your gut instinct.

“I’ve got insecurities but I’m really happy with how everything went.”

Got a story? email digishowbiz@the-sun.co.uk or call us direct on 02077824220.

We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


LOVE Island’s first dumped star Kendall Rae-Knight says this year’s show will be sexless — as none of the girls are up for it.

Tonight she became the first islander to leave this year’s series after love interest Adam Collard, 22, opted for Welsh lawyer Rosie Williams, 26, over her.

ITV Love Island’s first dumped star Kendall Rae-Knight says this year’s show will be sexless

In her first interview since exiting the ITV2 show she told the Sun’s Bizarre column this year’s show could be the first to have no nookie.

Kendall, 26, who insisted she would have sex on TV before going on, said: “I don’t think there’s anyone in there particularly that will. I think all of the girls said they wouldn’t.

“No one’s said to me, ‘I’m open to doing it’.

“I haven’t had any conversations with any of the boys that had mentioned anything about that.

“It’s really strange when you’re in there you probably think that’s all we’re talking about but it never really comes up in conversation well not yet anyway.”

ITV Kendall says none of the girls are up for it

ITV Kendall says she would have sex on the show before entering the villa

ITV2 The Blackpool lass reckons not even the boys have considered it

The former beauty queen from Blackpool coupled up with Coventry lad Niall Aslam, 23, when the show began on Monday.

But Geordie hunk Adam was given the power to take any of the girls from the boys and opted for Kendall.

The pair hit it off and kissed on their first date.

However Adam became frustrated by Kendall’s slow-paced movement of their relationship and with the introduction of fiery Rosie he jumped ship and snogged her.

Love Island Adam Collard snogs Rosie Williams despite being coupled with Kendall Rae-Knight

Tonight’s episode saw him and the new girl couple up, leaving Kendall on her own and packing her bags.

She said: “I think he just wants someone who wants to move it on at a quicker place.

“I do think I would’ve got there eventually as I was really attracted to him. Even when he said, ‘Let’s call it a day’ and got with Rosie and kissed her, I wasn’t going to jump ship and save myself because I was in to Adam.

“But they were ready. Maybe Rosie is just more open than I was.”

ITV On the first episode of this series Kendall coupled up with Niall Aslam

refer to caption. But this fizzled out after Adam took Kendall off Niall and the pair coupled up even kissing on their first date

Rex Features But Adam got sick of Kendall's slow-paced movement of their relationship and got close to new girl Rosie

Kendall applied for the show following a heart-breaking split from fiancé Michael Clark after he called off their three month engagement last year.

The pair had been together for five years.

Kendall insisted she is over him but admitted she struggled to move on partly due to her own insecurities.

Adam Collard steals Kendall Rae-Knight from Niall Aslam on Love Island

MOST READ IN TV & SHOWBIZ PUPPY LOVE Caroline Flack welcomes 'new member of her family' with fiancé Andrew Brady 'we'll have no trees?' Love Island viewers shocked as Hayley says she’s not heard of Brexit 'why would he pick her?' Love Island fans convinced show is scripted as Eyal picks Hayley BECKHAMS BREAK UP? What are the rumours that David and Victoria are getting a divorce? ALL ABOUT ASIA The story of Asia Argento - Hollywood star and Anthony Bourdain's girlfriend GET OFF OUR BECKS David and Victoria Beckham slam divorce rumours as 'a crock of s**t'

She added: “Maybe it was holding me back a little bit but it doesn’t mean I wasn’t not over him. I didn’t go on there to get back at him I went on there for me.

“I would say I’m over him but it’s just harder for me to move on and it takes time because I’m not used to dating.

“I may have some insecurities but they’re down to myself. About what pace I wanted to take it.”


Get daily Love Island updates directly to your inbox + Subscribe Thank you for subscribing! Could not subscribe, try again later Invalid Email

Last night's Love Island saw Kendall Rae-Knight break down in tears after Adam Collard had a go at her for wanting to take it slow.

The 26-year-old brunette sobbed after Adam vented his frustrations over their lack of action and then revealed in the Beach Hut that he was considering moving on.

And outraged fans threw their support behind Kendall, with some suggesting it might have been too soon for her to go on the show.

"Kendall should not have come on love island. If I were dumped after 5 years at fiancé level, the LAST thing I want is being partnered up and rejected on national tv," wrote one viewer.

"Nobody can blame Kendall for being so insecure any girl would be her FIANCÉ woke up one morning and just decided he didn’t love her anymore," added another.

A third agreed, "Kendall’s actually breaking my heart can tell the girls been through a lot the little doll."

(Image: Supplied by WENN)

(Image: WENN)

From the moment he picked Kendall, she fretted that she wasn't good enough for him.

And last night he admitted her insecurities were 'grinding' on him.

"I didn't realise how insecure she might have been especially with me, I thought she'd have a little bit more confidence in her so to be honest it might be sort of grinding on me a little bit," he said in the Beach Hut.

"I think the next day or so I'll see where that's at but I can't deal with that much insecurity there's only so far you can go…

"The new girls have just walked in. They're not bad at all. I haven't really had a chance to speak to them at all but the looks are there."

(Image: WENN)

Needless to say, some viewers were not impressed.

"Adam playing on Kendall's insecurity is literally disgusting. He's the worst and I hate the way he's being so annoying about her not wanting to kiss him. SHE OWES YOU NOOOTTTHHIIINNGGGG. WOMEN DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY OWE YOU PHYSICAL THINGS. Trash," raged one.

"Kendall. This overthinking. It’s actually uncomfortable to watch. Go home sis, heal," added another.

A third wrote, "Omg I feel so sorry for kendall imagine just one day waking up and the person you love just didn’t love you anymore my absolute worst fear ever," while one claimed, "Kendall needs therapy not love island!"

Adam attempted to chat to Kendall about his feelings and to move things forward.

(Image: ITV)

(Image: ITV)

"I'm not getting any affection. I'm not saying I cant take it slow but you wont talk to me. You're so scared to let me in that you push me away," he said.

"I never normally push this hard to try and make the girl feel comfortable, ever… I've done nothing to make you think that I would pick someone else."

But Kendall later broke down to the girls, sobbing, "I've come in here to try and find someone and move on but because its going to take me longer to do that I'm being punished for that."

A preview for tonight's show then showed Adam kissing Rosie.

*Love Island continues tonight at 9pm on ITV2


He was the wildcard sent in as the sixth stud on the first episode on Monday.

And Adam Collard lived up to his bad boy status as the hunky Geordie sent Kendall Rae-Knight home in an intense first eviction on Friday's Love Island - leaving fans outraged over his final decision.

The 22-year-old stud left Kendall, 26, in tears after he dumped the shoe shop manager for Rosie Williams after admitting their relationship had 'run its course'.

Intense: Kendall became the FIRST to leave the villa after Adam ditched her for Rosie...sending fans into a fury on Friday's episode of Love Island

With Kendall confessing she didn't want to move too fast in any new romance, Adam told the brunette beauty he was starting to lose faith in a future with her, and decided to call off their relationship.

Frustrated that their relationship isn't going anywhere, Adam confronted Kendall about why the distance was putting him off.

Adam told her: 'I think the way things have panned out, I don't know what I can do more. I've given you space when you needed space. It took a lot to couple up and actually pick you anyway.

Changed his mind: The 22-year-old stud left Kendall, 26, in tears after he dumped the shoe shop manager for Rosie Williams after admitting their relationship had 'run its course'

'There's just been a few things and it's probably better that we're just friends. I just don't really see it going any further. I don't want to upset you but I'd rather just nip it in the bud now before it goes further.'

While Kendall retreated to the Beach Hut while fighting back tears, Adam waste any time finding Island newbie Rosie in the garden.

'So where's your head at now?' Rosie questioned.

Fighting back: Kendall - adamant that she doesn't want to give up the muscular Adonis - returned to Adam the next day for a second chance - throwing Adam off course in

'Cancelled!': Fans took to Twitter to vent their frustration over Kendall being the first to leave

Remaining coy, Adam retorted - 'Mine? Where do you think it's at?'

Rosie responded - 'I don't know. I've sort of made it clear that I'm interested but I feel a bit awkward so I've just left you to it. I was really nervous because Kendall's obviously around and she's nice and I didn't want to upset her. She's a nice girl but then I wasn't going to say I didn't like you either.'

With their kiss from Thursday's Truth Or Dare still playing in his mind, the hunky personal trainer playfully asked Rosie if she remembered their lip lock, before packing on the PDA in full view of the other islanders.

'Adam has actually really surprised me' Rosie told The Beach Hut. 'He said there was something there with me and him which was nice. So we did have a little kiss. I'm definitely excited about Adam.

Standing strong: All seven ladies felt the pressure as they stood waiting to hear if they were being sent home

'I'm definitely a bit giddy, a bit like a schoolgirl and smiling. It started well anyway but I do want to take it slow and hopefully it will lead somewhere, we'll see.'

Meanwhile, Kendall - adamant that she didn't want to give up the muscular Adonis - returned to Adam the next day for a second chance - throwing Adam off course in what he wants.

Kendall told Adam: 'Maybe this is the chance for me to tell you that I do still like you. I would like to carry on getting to know you. I know you've called it a day but I do get jealous.'

Taken aback by Kendall's admission of jealously, Adam started to rethink his desicion to jump ship to Rosie, and told the Beach Hut: 'Kendall's pretty much just in two minutes, probably given us more out of the whole time I've spent with her in the villa previously, so I mean, it took me kissing Rosie to actually spark it off.

Sending someone home: But her confession wasn't enough to save her from eviction, as Adam finally made up his mind in time for the recoupling

'I like the fact that she actually came over to us and said that it upset her because now I know she actually cares. She told us pretty much everything I wanted to hear.'

But her confession wasn't enough to save her from eviction, as Adam finally made up his mind in time for the recoupling.

Kendall revealed she was bitterly disappointed to have been kicked off the show so early into the series, but has insisted she doesn't harbour any regrets about her time on the programme.

On being out of the villa first, the beauty told MailOnline: 'I am a little bit gutted to be out, obviously no one wants to be the first one out. I wouldn't change anything, I'm proud of all the decisions I made and I don't regret anything.'

Saucy: The hunky personal trainer playfully asked Rosie if she remembered their lip lock, before packing on the PDA in full view of the other islanders

Discussing her recoupling with Adam, she said: 'I don't look back with regret, I didn't pick Adam, he picked me, so I had no control over that. Obviously it wasn't the best situation for Niall, but we still got on as friends.'

Fans took to Twitter to vent their frustration over Kendall being the first to leave, with many comparing him to last season's 'Muggy' Mike Thalassitis.

'Adam is cancelled. Rosie is cancelled. Love Island is CANCELLED' tweeted one upset viewer.

'Kendall's gone home? Eyal chose Hayley? Sorry #loveisland is cancelled'.

'Someone explain who the winner of the series just left on the fifth episode??Will she come back to win or is she getting the 50 grand by default?

'Adam really is muggier than Muggy Mike'

First out Kendall revealed she was bitterly disappointed to have been kicked off the show so early into the series, but has insisted she doesn't harbour any regrets

'What a pelt Adam is...ugly inside and out Kendall better of out of there'.

Elsewhere, the singletons received the dreaded recoupling text, and scrambled to make sure they weren't the first one sent packing.

Georgia Steel and Niall Aslam immediately tucked themselves away for an intimate chat before sharing their second steamy kissing.

But not feeling as comfortable with her pairing, Hayley Hughes – still reeling following the Truth Or Dare game with Eyal Booker, chatted to Dani Dyer after suspecting Jack could be a good replacement.

Uncomfortable: Hayley Hughes – still reeling following the Truth Or Dare game with Eyal Booker, chatted to Dani Dyer after suspecting Jack could be a good replacement

Not Okay: Dani revealed she felt the pang of jealously, and decided to try again with original match-up Jack Fincham, which led to an awkward chat with Hayley

After the rather revealing game, Dani revealed she felt the pang of jealously, and decided to try again with original match-up Jack Fincham, which led to an awkward chat with Hayley.

Following her conversation with the celebrity offspring, Hayley told the Beach hut 'If she genuinely feels them feelings and she feels like she's being genuine to herself then yeah I believe she should give it a go. Why not?'

Explaining her sudden U Turn with Jack, Dani told Hayley: 'It wasn't about you. It was just 'let's just give it a chance, see what happens, get to know each other a bit more and I was like 'yeah, OK cool' and I don't want you to think that I'm going back on my word because I just want to see what happens.'

Cute couple: After leaning in for a kiss - which was reciprocated by Dani - the rest of the Islanders cheered the budding couple on

Elated: 'This is the happiest I've felt since I've been here' Jack enthused. 'I promise you. Jokes aside. I feel like a weight's been lifted. I do, I honestly do.'

With Hayley firmly set on trying to win back Eyal, Dani and Jack finally opened up about their feelings towards each other.

'This is the happiest I've felt since I've been here' Jack enthused. 'I promise you. Jokes aside. I feel like a weight's been lifted. I do, I honestly do.'

After leaning in for a kiss - which was reciprocated by Dani - the rest of the Islanders cheered the budding couple on.

Clearly still jubilant over her smooch with Jack, Dani returned to The Beach Hut beaming, and declared herself the Meghan Markle of the island.

Not sure: Hayley hadn't been quiet about her fears of leaving the island, and reignited a sudden interest in Eyal, which caused him to feel suspicious over her motives

Debatable: Unconvinced by her actions, Eyal told The Beach Hut: 'It's been nice but at the same time I'm not sure whether it's genuine so that in itself is just a little bit confusing'

'We had a kiss and I felt like I just got married! Like when Meghan walked down the aisle and got married and that, I feel like that was me and everyone was cheering. It was lovely.' Dani enthused.

But it wasn't all romance and gossip that caught the islanders' attention, with the girls stopping for a quick chat about politics...namely Brexit.

Hayley was left baffled by the subject, while student Georgia explained it was about the UK 'leaving the European Union'.

'It would mean welfare, and things we trade with would be cutdown' Georgia continued.

Thinking of the option: Considering ditching the blonde model for lovelorn Kendall, Eyal outlined his opinions

Try again: Hayley addressed her new approach, adding: 'He feels like he's the one with me that's making the effort and maybe that is the case but obviously I just need to get to know him

Still seemingly confused by the whole topic, Hayley awkwardly asked: 'So that does that mean we won't have any trees?'

Before being called out for her lack of political insight, Hayley hadn't been quiet about her fears of leaving the island, and reignited a sudden interest in Eyal, which caused him to feel suspicious over her motives.

Unconvinced by her actions, Eyal told The Beach Hut: 'Hayley has been showing me a little bit more attention and trying to get to know me more over the past day or so and it's been nice but at the same time I'm not sure whether it's genuine so that in itself is just a little bit confusing.'

Considering ditching the blonde model for lovelorn Kendall, Eyal outlined his opinions on Hayley to the other guys.

Back together: Out of the final recoupling, only Niall and Adam chose not to return to their original match up, with Dr Alex choosing Samira - despite her denial of feeling towards him

Loved up: Following their steamy smooches, Wes continued his coupling with Laura

Carrying on: Despite their previous rift, Eyal decided to stick with Hayley in order to 'get to know her better'

Eyal confided: 'As soon as Hayley saw me kiss Kendall yesterday, she's completely changed her tune. Her whole vibe towards me. In the sense of just trying to get to know me and actually acknowledging me and giving me the time of day.'

In the Beach Hut, Hayley addressed her new approach towards Eyal, adding: 'He feels like he's the one with me that's making the effort and maybe that is the case but obviously I just need to get to know him more as a person before you rule anything out. But it's nice to show interest in a person and get to know them.'

Out of the final recoupling, only Niall and Adam chose not to return to their original match up, with Wes opting for Laura, Dr Alex choosing Samira, Jack picking Dani and Eyal sticking with Hayley, despite their previous rift.

But the islanders shouldn't remain too relaxed as three new hopefuls will enter the villa on Sunday - with models Megan Barton-Hanson, Charlie Frederick and LADbible presenter Josh Denzel certain to stir up some drama in the episodes ahead.

Newbies: The islanders shouldn't remain too relaxed as three new hopefuls will enter the villa on Sunday - including model Megan Barton-Hanson

Turning up the heat: Model hunk Charlie Frederick (R) and LADbible presenter Josh Denzel will be sure to give the rest of the guys a run for their money

Total comment

Author

fw

0   comments

Cancel Reply