Contact Form

 

Ariana Grande gets carried into Starbucks by James Corden during 'Carpool Karaoke'


How fast did Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson actually get engaged? So fast that on the very same day they met, Grande was picking out her engagement ring, Pete Davidson told Allie Jones for GQ's September issue. "The day I met her, I was like, 'Hey, I'll marry you tomorrow,'" he said with a grin. "She was calling my bluff. I sent her a picture [of engagement rings]. I was like, 'Do you like any of these?' She was like, 'Those are my favorite ones,' and I was like, 'Sick.'" They settled on that $93,000 3-carat pear diamond ring.

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

Getty Images

Timeline-wise, for those keeping track, that means they met and he proposed at the end of May. E! previously spoke with the jeweler behind the ring, Greg Yuna, who said it took two weeks to make. "Pete called me at the end of May and said 'Look, I'm getting a ring. This is what I want,'" Yuna said, which meant Davidson probably sent him the favorite ring Grande sent him the day they met. "And I told him that I had the right ring for him. He didn't tell me who it was for but told me to keep it a secret. He didn't tell me anything about it."

Their wedding planning hasn't really happened yet, by the way, but rest assured, the ceremony is "definitely going to happen, for sure," Davidson told Jones. He's also convinced that the only reason he's getting this kind of magazine coverage is Grande, not his considerable comedic talent. “It’s all bullshit," he said. "GQ wouldn’t hit me up if I didn’t recently get engaged to a super-famous person. Nobody gives a shit, you know what I mean?” Oh Pete...


Ariana Grande impersonated Celine Dion, enjoyed a Starbucks piggyback ride and sang several of her biggest hits for The Late Late Show‘s latest installment of “Carpool Karaoke.”

The vocalist showed off her mimicry skills after host/driver/duet partner James Corden asked about Grande’s diva-like vocal runs. She recalled growing up listening to and emulating elite singers like Dion, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Beyoncé – a skill that developed into impersonation. Grande performed part of Dion’s 1989 hit “It’s All Coming Back to Me Now,” complete with a fake onstage intro.

Later, the singer refuted the tabloid rumors that she forces members of her staff to carry her wherever she goes. Corden poked fun at that premise, giving the pop star a piggyback ride into a Starbucks and ordering her a coffee.

Elsewhere in the piece, Grande and Corden harmonized on her hits “Dangerous Woman,” “Side By Side,” “God Is a Woman” and “No Tears Left to Cry.” They also showcased their mutual love of musical theater, performing the grandiose “Suddenly Seymour” from Little Shop of Horrors.


Ariana Grande and James Corden ready to take over the carpool lane. (Photo: TERENCE PATRICK/CBS)

There are officially no more tears left to cry, Ari stans: the singer's "Carpool Karaoke" has arrived.

Wednesday, Ariana Grande climbed into James Corden's passenger seat to belt out tracks like "Dangerous Woman," "Side to Side," and "God is a Woman," with the "Late Late Show" host. The 25-year-old musician even whipped out her spot-on Celine Dion impression, but the highlight of their trip came when Corden asked about reports that Grande demands that members of her entourage carry her around.

"I'll tell you what happened: there was a picture of me being carried by my tour manager, 'cause I had just shot a video in (ballet) pointe shoes, and I posted it 'cause I thought it was cute," she said. "My toes were bleeding. I was in pain."

"So that isn't true? You don't get carried anywhere?" Corden pressed.

"No, that's so stupid!" she exclaimed.

Stupid or good TV? When the two pulled over for a Starbucks run, Corden decided to carry Grande on his back.

More: Ariana Grande and James Corden performed a musical version of 'Titanic'; will never let go

More: Ariana Grande calls fiancé Pete Davidson's Manchester bombing joke 'unfortunate'

"Hello, I'm Ariana Grande. I must be carried," she said at the cafe's counter. And what size soy latte did she order? A grande, to everyone's delight. "Gets 'em every time," she said.

Before leaving, Grande attempted to sell her diva persona one more time.

"Did you know I demand to be carried everywhere?" she asked the crowd with phones in their hands. "That is the kind of pop star I am."

"If you see me anywhere it's because I didn't walk there myself, I promise," she added.

See their entire car ride in the clip above.

More: Everything we learned about Mac Miller's breakup with Ariana Grande on new album 'Swimming'

More: Pete Davidson confirms Ariana Grande engagement: 'I feel like I won a contest'

Read or Share this story: https://usat.ly/2OHLCKK

Total comment

Author

fw

0   comments

Cancel Reply