Contact Form

 

Who’s going to be in the new series of Love Island?


It’s time for our glistening Islanders to enter the villa - where they eye each other up for the very first time and start the summer of their lives. But who will couple up with who?

Love Island is BACK! Your summer officially lands tonight at 9pm on ITV2 - don’t miss it.


The hit ITV2 show has CONFIRMED the islanders heading into the villa for this year's series

An A&E doctor, a boyband member and Danny Dyer’s daughter have been revealed as the stars of Love Island 2018.

Advertisement

Yep, the full list of 11 islanders – five girls and six boys – has now been CONFIRMED. Below is the complete line-up of contestants for series 4:

UPDATE: Love Island 2018 air date confirmed

The show’s producers have already teased that we will be seeing some “genuinely surprising” cast members for this series, and maybe even another noughties music star! There have even been hints that a 2017 contestant might join the ranks later in the run.

So who is going to be getting muggy and melty in the villa?

Alex, 27, says: “I think some people would think I’m crazy coming on Love Island, it’s completely different to working as an A&E doctor. But at the end of the day, it’s a great opportunity and I think ‘why not, let’s just go for it!'”

Dani, 21 – who’s dad is EastEnders star Danny Dyer – says: “I’m looking for someone really genuine. In past relationships I have had so many mind games going on and I want someone who bigs me up as much as I big them up. I like paying compliments and I would like the same in return.”

Eyal, 22, says: “I was in a pop band once called EverYoung. We had small time success and toured the country, built up a little fan base and there was fan girl hysteria. They’d follow us around and come to our gigs and stuff so that was a little taste.”

Samira, 22, says: “I was in Mamma Mia and Dreamgirls [in London’s West End]. Everyone in the West End knows everybody. So it will be a big shock when they see me on this show.”

Niall, 23, says: “I was with my ex-girlfriend for just over three years from the age of 17 to 20. She would probably say that I’m immature and a bit of an attention seeker – and she wouldn’t be wrong. I do feel sorry for my ex because this is her favourite programme.”

Niall has also revealed all about his Harry Potter tattoo…and why he wants to date Amanda Holden!

Hayley, 21, says: “Imagine if no one stepped forward for me. I would die. I would be booking the next taxi. That’s all I think about. Other than that I’m really excited about the experience.”

Wes, 20, says: “My claim to fame would be my Instagram. A few of my videos went viral when I was kickboxing and I’ve got a large Instagram following. I’ve dated people who are Instagram famous but no actual celebrities.”

Kendall, 26, says: “I’m looking for something long term. I have seen previous series when people have got together and stayed together and I do genuinely want to find someone.”

Adam, 22, says: “I am super competitive and I hate losing. Even if I take a girl on a date to play Crazy Golf for example, I’m in the zone.”

Laura, 29, says: “I’ve had loads of boyfriends – nine. Two of my ex boyfriends were in the public eye. I’m a relationship person I guess.”

Advertisement

Jack, 26, says: “I’m just a bit worried about looking like an idiot on the telly, really. I don’t want to embarrass myself. And I hope I find someone who I genuinely like.”

WE'RE BACK! It's time to meet the scorching singles ready to get their graft on this summer… #LoveIsland pic.twitter.com/gKGxNbEJuB — Love Island (@LoveIsland) May 28, 2018

See page two for rumoured contestants…


ITV2’s Love Island is not about romance, and it does not pretend to be. It is about having a nice bum. The introductory package shows a female bum and an arm holding a whip. “Get ready for the ultimate summer of love,” says a voice, “Welcome to Paradise”. That is subjective.

It takes place in an evil barn conversion in Majorca. It has to be held in a hot country, as an excuse for wearing almost no clothing. If ITV2 couldn’t afford Majorca, Love Island would take place in a sandpit in Walthamstow and it would be called Love Sandpit. There is fake grass, a room full of “brand new” double beds and “a fancy sofa”. This may be prime-time TV designed to sell beauty products – it is “proudly” sponsored...


Reality series Love Island was a runaway success last year, with 2.43 million viewers tuning in to watch the final live on television last July.

But while many coming to it fresh assumed it was the show's first season, its history actually stretches all the way back to 2005, when it began as "Celebrity Love Island'.

Love Island fever gripped the nation, with water cooler conversations dominated by Kem and Chris' bromance, Camilla's break up with Jonny over her feminist principles, and the proper definition of 'melt'.

This year's series is back tonight – and if you're going to survive the summer, understanding the world of Love Island is now a pre-requisite.

If you didn't watch it last year, here is everything you need to know about the show – from how it works, if 2017's contestants are still loved up (clue: no) and what 'melt' actually means. If you're already a Love Island fan, read on to learn who this year's contestants are, when to watch it and 2018's set of stricter rules.

What time does Love Island start tonight?

The new series begins tonight on ITV2 at 9pm, with new episodes on television six nights a week and a recap episode on Saturdays.

Total comment

Author

fw

0   comments

Cancel Reply